Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next talented attorney to join our legal team. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for handling a wide range of legal issues including but not limited to vendor and other contracts, dispute resolution /litigation, subpoenas, intellectual property policing and prosecution work, product support, and support of other corporate initiatives. We are looking for someone who is motivated by our purpose and is a creative, flexible, business-minded problem-solver and isn’t afraid to break new ground.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements. Develop, improve, and maintain templates, corporate policies, and processes
- Manage intellectual property prosecution and policing work
- Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice
- Advise on projects as needed, including general corporate, regulatory, IP, and risk management issues
- Manage (improve and implement) GoFundMe’s subpoena process, litigation and other dispute resolution
- A JD from a top law school and membership in the California Bar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including in-house and/or law firm experience
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of contracts
- Dispute resolution experience, including subpoenas
- Ability to effectively build, document and implement processes and procedures in support of new policies and workflows among cross-functional teams
- International experience and intellectual property / privacy background are a plus
- Ability to provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with GoFundMe’s business objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act decisively and run projects autonomously
- Good judgment, strong ethics, kind heart
- Confident self-starter and proven ability to work cross-functionally with business partners
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- A passion for GoFundMe’s mission while being a genuine GoFundMe ambassador who amplifies GoFundMe’s culture in all communications and interactions
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $152,100 - $185,900 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
Something looks off?