Senior ETL Test Engineer
Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
About the role
Highlight your ETL Testing skills while making Classy and GoFundMe become the World’s Largest, Smartest Connector of Causes and People to Drive Charitable Giving. You have 5+ years of ETL testing experience with an ability to work independently and proactively help grow the ETL testing practice.
What you'll accomplish:
- In this role you will develop test plans/test cases, and lead the ETL testing efforts for
brand-new features, establish a consistent ETL testing process
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of ETL testing to achieve the team
goals while meeting scheduling, financial, and technical goals as assigned
- Mentor other team members and share your ETL subject matter expertise across teams
- Work with a highly collaborative team passionate about decreasing time to market
while growing quality and reducing the feedback cycle!
- Perform aggregate and comparative data analysis to ensure data flows and
integrations are valid
- Log defects for failed test cases
- Design, develop and implement innovative and comprehensive tests for a scrum team
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed personnel across multiple disciplines and teams including: engineering, product management, design, marketing and customer care
- Participate in continual product improvement efforts and collaborating with colleagues to implement standard ETL Testing methodologies and procedures
What you bring:
- 5+ years of ETL testing experience
- Experience preparing ETL testing strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Strong SQL Skills
- API testing experience
- Experience working on technical projects delivered within scheduled timelines as part
of a product development team
- Strong interpersonal skills, intermediate level presentation skills, and professional
demeanor with high level of pride in workmanship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly effective team player with high level of customer empathy who understands if
the team succeeds then they will be thriving
- Knowledge of Database objects and relational data model
- Data profiling is plus
- B.S. Computer related degree or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- ISTQB Certification a plus
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $110,000 - $150,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?