Data Analytics Senior Associate
Clarify Health Solutions
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
We exist to power better care.
We are on a mission to power better care by optimizing every patient journey. We help payers, providers, and life sciences companies deliver better care, therapies, and outcomes by delivering the most actionable patient journey insights and value-based payments platform. With Clarify, healthcare organizations benefit from big data efficiencies and self-service, on-demand enterprise insights that light the path to higher-value care.
Clarify is looking for a Data Analytics Senior Associate to focus on delivering impact for our provider, payer, and life sciences customers as well as work within our research arm, the Clarify Health Institute. This position is ideal for someone with health technology implementation, health services research, and/or professional services experience. This individual will provide advanced analytics support via Clarify’s software platform and data assets for customer engagements, product development, as well as public-facing health policy research for the Clarify Health Institute.
This position is ideal for individuals who have a good understanding of how the US healthcare system operates, have demonstrated expertise in quantitative analysis and programming, are team players with a high level of curiosity, and want to work in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment. This is a cross-functional role with flexibility for exposure to several arms of our business, including Data Analytics, Engineering, Product Management, Solutions, and Customer Impact. This role can operate remotely, in San Francisco, or from Washington DC.
Does this sound like you?
· You love being “in the data” and solving complex data and analytic challenges.
· You enjoy designing, completing, and managing research projects.
· You embrace change as an opportunity to learn.
· You believe diversity of thought improves our outcomes.
· You take great care in the details.
· You are passionate about making a difference in healthcare.
- Interpreting, analyzing, and mapping claims and clinical data
- Leveraging healthcare and health policy experience to develop and complete data analysis using SQL, statistical programming languages, or internal tools
- Shaping customer reports from the customer’s software environment or underlying data sources
- Sharing findings with customers and answering their tactical and strategic questions
- Help maximize NPS, customer satisfaction, and revenue recognition through meeting/exceeding individual and team goals
- Establish and develop strong, credible relationships with current customers
- Demonstrate healthcare, provider, payer, and/or life sciences knowledge and functional project management and analysis skills to build credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serving as the liaison with data vendors, partners, and internal and external advisors
- Becoming the expert on where data originates, how they are mapped and utilized in our analytics, informatics, and products, and ultimately what value data delivers to our customers, other external stakeholders, and the general public.
- Working with internal stakeholders, partners, and prospects to understand data and informatics needs, and transforming them into requirements for our offerings.
- Implementing and validating customer ETL pipelines following existing patterns.
- Contributing to team documentation and presenting at cross-team knowledge transfer sessions
- Participate in research driven by the Clarify Health Institute
What we are looking for:
- Passion for Clarify’s mission and making a difference in healthcare
- Experience in quantitative research, preferably in healthcare topics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pride in working for our customers and delivering exceptional experiences to our customers every step of the way
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., top consulting firm, healthcare analytics/technology, SaaS)
- 1+ years of healthcare provider, payer, and/or life sciences experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Expert SQL querying skills required
- Experience or willingness to develop Python, R, or other statistical programming skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and capable of managing multiple responsibilities to successful completion
- High attention to detail and ability to produce high quality outputs
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability relative to thriving in ambiguous, constantly changing, high-pressure environments
- Ability to build strong relationships and foster teamwork with customer and internal team members
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with clinical coding systems: ICD9/10 diagnosis codes, ICD9/10 procedure codes, CPT codes, revenue codes, provider NPI codes, NDC Rx codes
- Ability to craft and deliver insightful client recommendations from disparate pieces of data
- Graduate degree in public health, epidemiology, health policy, economics, or other related discipline preferred, but not required
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation ($94k - $127k base + bonus + equity)
- Quality health insurance
- Traditional 401K plan
- Vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Remote friendly
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Clarify we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
We believe that a happy, diverse, and impact-driven team is critical to our mission of transforming healthcare. Having a diverse team allows us to bring more ideas to the table when working on lighting the path to higher-value care. We embrace employees and applicants of all backgrounds, including those of traditionally underrepresented groups. With this in mind, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, the basis of disability, homelessness, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See more open positions at Clarify Health Solutions
Something looks off?