Staff Lead Software Engineer - Enterprise / Cloud-Agnostic
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
AlphaSense Market Intelligence Search Enterprise product is built for the largest enterprises and designed to be self-managed by our customers to provide flexibility to meet their unique needs through infrastructure choices across multiple clouds. It is made to meet our customers' expectations of quality and security and has built-in enterprise-grade features to fulfill complex demands at a large scale.
As a Staff Lead Software Engineer, you will lead the cross-functional teams to redesign and implement the software architecture of our highly-available microservices utilizing cloud-agnostic technologies, maintaining the scalability and resiliency of the systems. Your role will be the team's technical leader, making and owning the strategic decision while getting the buy-in from other peer leaders. One of your challenges will be ensuring the systems can be deployed and run Kubernetes-natively anywhere.
As part of this journey, you will help the team break down the system into smaller, independent, tested, self-contained, portable components providing high flexibility and reusability that can be combined in the overall solution.
- Collaborate and lead the team to build a best-in-class Customer Managed Market Intelligence Search Platform
- Lead efforts to migrate applications to a cloud-agnostic architecture
- Develop and implement a cloud-agnostic engineering strategy for the whole AlphaSense platform
- Create reusable libraries to abstract software logic from underlying cloud infrastructure that would benefit our product portability
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure that the solutions meet customer requirements
- Ensure that the platform is secure and compliant with industry standards
- Work with other AlphaSense cross-functional teams to improve their software design to empower enterprise customer-managed solution maturity demands
- At least 8 years of experience and solid proficiency in at least one programming language - Java and/or Typescript
- Experience building abstraction layers or libraries for cloud services (messaging, object storage, database, etc.)
- Proven track record of being a tech lead in successful challenging projects
- Several years of experience developing software for modern cloud platforms
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud APIs of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with customer-managed solutions with a clear understanding of the complexity of shipping such products
- Experience in designing and implementing API contract testing
- Close Experience with CI/CD & GitOps
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Solr or Elastic Search
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
For more information, please contact Kavita Nair on LinkedIn or by mobile at +91 8261940966 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?