Senior Corporate Communications Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a hardworking communications professional to join Affirm’s Communications Team, focusing primarily on corporate communications. The Communications function advances the company’s business objectives while protecting its reputation. We do this by working closely with the media, using consistent and compelling narratives, and identifying creative storytelling opportunities.
The professional will be an excellent writer, highly organized, with strong attention to detail. They will help support planning, pitching and executing communications efforts that advance Affirm’s narrative. They will also serve as a point of contact with key internal partners across Affirm, including senior members of our leadership team, and serve as an Affirm spokesperson for the press, and help draft press releases, talking points and briefing documents. They have a track record of media results, and bring long-standing reporter relationships. They are collaborative, adaptable, tenacious, and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- This role will support Affirm’s corporate communications and you will play an instrumental part in how Affirm tells its story externally, with a specific focus on investors
- You will develop and lead communications campaigns for key corporate initiatives, including: drafting news releases, talking points, Q&A documents, and briefing materials
- Identify and advance creative story angles, thought-leadership positions and announcements that help stakeholders better understand Affirm
- Help build and strengthen relationships with members of business, technology and financial media and other market influencers
- Define and measure the impact of communications initiatives
What we look for:
- 7-9 years of communications experience – in house or agency– at a finance, technology, or fast-growth organization, at least some of which is corporate and/or executive communications
- Strong writer and media relations skills
- Self-starter who is eager to grow and make their mark in a fast-paced, organization
- Strong project management skills – able to organize work in a focused and thorough manner but equally comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Extraordinary teammate - no job is too big or small
- Understanding of data-based measurement and decision making
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $162,400 - $243,500
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $146,100 - $219,200
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?