Staff Product Designer
Affinity is a relationship intelligence platform that helps dealmakers find, manage, and close more deals by leveraging the power of their network. We use technology to amplify human relationships by providing insights that enable people to connect and take action with confidence.
As a Staff Product Designer at Affinity, you’ll have the opportunity to fundamentally change the way people leverage their relationships to do business. You’ll focus on creating purposeful and intuitive experiences to bring an intelligence layer to business relationships. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you’ll be part of a team of talented designers and researchers who work together to understand our customers' needs and design solutions that provide real value.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with research to understand our customers’ needs and identify insights that inform product decisions and strategy.
- Lead and execute across all stages of the design process from vision to implementation.
- Collaborate with partners in Product and Engineering to design and build impactful experiences.
- Turn complex intelligence data into useful, clear, actionable insights for our customers.
- Mentor designers to do their best work, develop new skills, advance their careers, and raise the quality bar.
- Be proactive in contributing ideas to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and as a company.
- Contribute to creating and enhancing our world-class design team and community.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are likely to only apply for jobs if they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
- 7+ years of professional experience designing and shipping impactful product experiences.
- Experience designing high-quality, complex products that customers love and value.
- Conducted user research and turned research insights into product solutions.
- Strong communication skills and advocacy for customers.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams in dynamic, agile environments.
- Proficiency of common design tools, such as Figma.
- Advanced knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, including research, product strategy, ideation, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, concept refinement, and high-fidelity designs.
- Experience leading UX design teams and projects is a plus.
How we work:
Our culture is a key part of how we operate as well as our hiring process:
- We iterate quickly. As such, you must be comfortable embracing ambiguity, be able to cut through it and deliver incremental value to our customers each sprint.
- We are candid, transparent, and speak our minds while simultaneously caring personally with each person we interact with.
- We make data-driven decisions and make the best decision for the moment based on the information available.
Join us in enabling every professional on the planet to succeed by harnessing the power of their relationships.
If you'd want to learn more about our values, click here.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity:
- We live our values as playmakers, obsessed with learning, caring personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we're #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee's overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $127,000 to $216,000 USD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2000 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.
Something looks off?