Senior Software Engineer, Platform Performance/Efficiency Engineering
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
About the Role
Enterprises of all sizes trust Abnormal Security’s cloud products to stop cybercrime. These products are data intensive SaaS applications. Building an performant & efficient (high gross margin) product is critical to the long term success of Abnormal so that we can continue to invest in world class product development.
Abnormal Security is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who will report to our Director of Cloud Platform Engineering, Aaron Rolett, to lead the Cost Optimization program at Abnormal. In this role you will work with engineers across the company to ship changes that make our platform offerings more efficient.
What you will do
- Identify, prioritize, and execute changes to our large scale distributed systems to drive down cost. Past examples have included switching key systems to Graviton, profiling code to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, and optimizing Spark jobs & clusters.
- Set, monitor and deliver quarterly budgets and efficiency targets for platform spend.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Finance on cloud financial engineering (e.g Savings Plans)
- Collaborate with Product & Finance to develop new methodology for product margin tracking.
- Past experience optimizing large scale distributed systems (e.g latency, cost, scale)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Information Systems or other related engineering field
- 5+ years experience designing and building software applications
Nice to Have
- Experience with a broad range of cloud offerings, including both online and batch processing systems.
- Python and/or Spark optimization experience.
- Experience with BI and reporting systems (SQL)
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our benefits and perks page.
Base salary range:
See more open positions at Abnormal Security
Something looks off?