Senior Contact Center Engineer
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a highly-experienced Senior Contact Center Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of telecommunications and contact center technologies, excellent communication skills, and a strong background in designing, implementing, and maintaining complex contact center solutions. As the most Senior IT Communications Engineer, you will lead technical projects, provide guidance to other engineers, and ensure the optimal performance of our contact center systems.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead the design and implementation of contact center solutions for our clients, including call routing, IVR, and CRM integrations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather business requirements, provide technical guidance and develop future enhancement strategies.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues related to contact center systems and applications.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- Conduct regular assessments of contact center systems and applications to ensure optimal performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide after-hours support and maintenance as needed.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree or 7+ years experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting next-generation contact center solutions (CCaaS or UCaaS)
- 5+ years experience in managing complex large-scale cloud contact center technologies, such as Five9, Genesys, NICE, or other leading contact center platforms
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise with contact center technologies, including advanced Call Routing, ACD, IVR, CTI, and CRM integrations
- Expert analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in project-oriented environments with ticketing and collaboration tools (Salesforce, Zendesk, Confluence, JIRA, Slack)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading large-scale or complex technical projects and mentoring other engineers
While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($94,000 -$100,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Something looks off?