United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As an Equity Administrator at 1Password, you will collaborate with the People, Payroll and Accounting teams, respond to employees’ questions about equity and manage the communication for the equity team including assisting in the delivery of training and employee education. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you join a growing team and work closely with cross-functional departments.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- University degree or equivalent in business and/or commerce
- Experience with reporting, analytics, and calculation of stock based compensation under US GAAP
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience using an equity platform such as Shareworks
What you can expect:
- Manage the communication between employees and the equity team by responding to employee inquiries on a timely basis
- Assisting in the preparation of training and reference materials for the equity program
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting of our equity incentive program which includes the record keeping of equity activity in Shareworks and the calculation of stock based compensation expense under US GAAP
- Assist with the preparation of the supporting documentation for the equity note disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial statements
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and integrity of all equity information in Shareworks and our master files
- Maintain and update our system of record for changes in Shareworks employee information including new hires, terminations, promotions
- Process new equity awards, option exercises and review equity transactions, terminations and cancellations
- Work closely with the payroll team to ensure that withholding taxes for employee exercises are reported and captured accurately for payroll
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly reporting to the Board and and investor reporting
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documentation for the quarterly 409A valuation refresh and the management of the blackout periods
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for FP&A, Accounting, People and Legal teams
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $71,000USD and $95,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
See more open positions at 1Password
Something looks off?